This Patient Participation Group will:
1. Contribute to practice decision-making and will be consulted on service development and provision;
2. Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary;
3. Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice – representing patients but also helping them to understand the practice’s viewpoint;
4. Assist the practice and its patients by arranging voluntary groups/support within the community;
5. Communicate information about the community which may affect healthcare;
6. Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care;
7. Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventive medicine;
8. Influence and monitor the services and the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally;
9. Possibly fundraise for medical equipment or other facilities to improve the practice and/or fund the activities of the PPG; and
10. Liaise with other PPGs in the area.
If you would like to have a say or join the Patient Group please contact one of the group members by completeing the contact form on the next tab or leaving a message in reception.